Landscape Conservation Design
By working together to implement strategies for adapting to changing conditions into our existing management decision processes, we can have a collective impact on sustaining cultural and natural resources for people and wildlife across the landscape.
The purpose of Landscape Conservation Design (LCD) is to:
- Collaboratively develop conservation goals and measurable objectives for priority resources chosen by the Southern Rockies LCC partners
- Produce spatially explicit data and information about those resources
- Incorporate the effects of climate change and other landscape stressors
- Integrate social, cultural and economic information to understand what these resources might look like in the future; and
- Collaboratively develop useful adaptation strategies that are implementable by our partners.